277th Support Battalion Unit Crest, Serving For Freedom and Liberty (L&R)
You Save 11% ($2.00)
Distiguished Unit Crest, 277th Support Battalion, Serving For Freedom and Liberty (L&R) 2 pack The 277th Quartermaster Service Battalion was constituted on July 25, 1942 and activated the following month at Hampton Roads, VA. The unit moved from Virginia to Fort Devens, Massachusetts, in May 1944. There it remained for several months before departing for the European Theater. On February 24, 1945, the 277th, with all its constituent units, landed on the French Coast and established temporary headquarters at Camp Lucky Strike.In March 1945, the Battalion moved to Belgium, then on to occupy Germany, where it spent the remainder of the war. During this period, the unit was attached to the 471st Quartermaster Group with the U.S. First Army in Germany, and earned itself two battle streamers, embroidered with the words RHINELAND and CENTRAL EUROPE, indicating successful campaigns. The 277th Quartermaster Battalion departed Europe July 29, 1945, and redeployed to the Pacific Theater Headquarters Detachment and arrived in Manila (Philippine Islands) in September 1945, after Victory in Japan Day. They continued to serve in the Philippines until the unit was inactivated July 15, 1946.