210th Support Battalion Unit Crest, Fortes Defensores Vitae (L&R) 2 pack
Distiguishe Unit Crest, 210th Support Battalion, Fortes Defensores Vitae (L&R) 2 packThe 10th Medical Battalion (former designation) was constituted on 27 August 1942. On 9 September 1942 the 10th Medical Battalion was activated at Camp Carson, Colorado. On 15 July 1943 the 10th Medical Battalion was reorganized and assigned to the 10th Mountain Division. During World War II the 10th Medical Battalion provided medical support for the 10th Mountain Division as it fought along the length of the Italian Peninsula. Following the end of World War II the 10th Medical Battalion was inactivated at Camp Carson, Colorado. On 1 July 1985 the 10th Medical Battalion was reactivated and again assigned to the 10th Mountain Division (LI) at Fort Drum, New York. On 1 October 1990 the 10th Medical Battalion was reorganized as the 210th Forward Support Battalion. On 24 August 1999, the battalion deployed to Bosnia-Herzegovina in support of Stabilization Force 6 (SFOR6) where it became the 210th Logistics Task Force. The battalion redeployed in March 2000 and transitioned back to the 210th Forward Support Battalion. In May 2003, the battalion deployed to Afghanistan in support of the Afghan National Army Training mission and provided quality combat service support and combat health support to the 2nd Brigade Combat Team (2BCT), 10th Mountain Division (LI). The Battalion successfully established and emplaced logistic operations in Kabul, Afghanistan to support 2BCT’s mission to train and mentor the Afghan National Army.