10th Sustainment Brigade Unit Crest , Muleskinners (L&R)
Distinguished Unit Crest, 10th Sustainment, Muleskinners (L&R) 2 packThe soldiers of the 10th Division Support Command (DISCOM) can trace their heritage directly back to the Alpine Infantrymen and their pack mules that formed the Mountain Medical, Quartermaster, and Ordnance Maintenance Battalions which supported the US 10th Infantry Division during World War II. The Division Trains, as they were called, were organized and assigned to the 10th Infantry Division on 14 June 1957 and activated in Germany On 1 July 1957.When the Division was officially reactivated as the 10th Mountain Division on 13 February 1985 at Fort Drum, New York, the Division Trains found a new home. Redesignated as the 10th Division Support Command, the headquarters element organized with the 10th Supply and Transportation Battalion, the 10th Medical Battalion, and the 710th Maintenance Battalion (which became the 10th Forward Support Battalion, the 210th Forward Support Battalion, and the 710th Main Support Battalion respectively), all committed to supporting the Mountain soldiers in this new Light Infantry Division. On 16 August 1987, the 548th Supply and Services Battalion was moved from Fort McClellan, Alabama, and was assigned to the Fort Drum Garrison. On 16 November 1993, the battalion was reorganized as the 548th Corps Support Battalion and became part of the 10th DISCOM.