If you’ve been with us over the years, then you know we are constantly looking for ways to improve your experience with our business. In the past four years, we’ve been through two different design changes. The first was a huge step forward from our beginning attempt at web commerce, introducing a host of new features and a much more comprehensive design. The second was more of a behind-the-scenes change, but a very important one that allows us to have more direct control over the site. The end result is that we can now make near-instantaneous improvements, and at very little cost. What this means for you, dear reader, is that your suggestions can all taken into account. Yep, every single one of them.
We are making improvements every day – some huge, some small but just as necessary. What I’d like to do is post once per week detailing what we’ve done, and what we plan to do in the next week. But we can’t do it alone! We need your feedback, and the best and quickest ways to do that are via Twitter, our Facebook, or simply use our Contact Us form. If there’s anything you have to say regarding the site, we’ll listen!
In addition, we’ll also be putting here a link to one item on our ebay store that may be of interest. That’s where you’ll find all of our unique items, stuff that you can’t get with ease anywhere else, and it’s also where some of our best deals may be found.
If that’s not enough, we’re also doing a weekly deal on one item. This will always be something that we have in store, ready to ship, at an unbeatable price.
Without further ado:
- Categories have been refined to make things easier to locate. This also includes getting rid of items that didn’t make sense or didn’t belong. This is an ongoing process and will take a while.
- We’ve automated our meta tags process, making us more visible on search engines.
- We’ve added more automated email rules to help inform customers when necessary
- The contact us page has been revamped and a new field added so we can categorize customer feedback
On our to-do list
- Implement clearer explanations per item on expected delivery times.
- Provide more information about shipping prior to checkout.
- Continue to fix items that were broken in the migration.
- Add Father’s Day related items.
Deal of the week:
Ebay item of the week:
Need more info? Here's the manufacturer's page.
Thanks for reading!